Wednesday 21 January 2015

End of #BeyondFood

The campaign Beyond a tin of food may be over, but at the same time it’s not, because food poverty still exist and families are still hungry. I find this shocking we are the 7th  Richest country in the world. When I went into the campaign I expected to hit some hurdles of people’s misconceptions. I found they was a huge variation of views, from people agreeing and already doing stuff around food poverty (GO YOU), to people saying out right that it does not exist in my community, Some battles I won some unforchantly I did not, But you cannot enlighten everyone.
Overall though me and my 3 amazing volunteers had a good campaign, and I learnt so much about the issue as well as about my-self. I do want to say a huge thanks to the team, they did so much, huge thanks. Be proud of yourselves.
As far as numbers go we collected a massive 230kg (estimated 300 items), which is far and beyond what I thought we could. As well as many conversations about food poverty, and hopefully some changed views along the way. You never know that person might have then talked to someone else about food poverty and so on. One conversation can turn into a lot more!

The campaign had opened my eyes and I am so gratefully to have the opportunity to do Team V, I already feel more confident, and feel I have more purpose and direction in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment